Thursday, 15 January 2015

{ mindfulness } - the biggest word in my dictionary for 2015

Last year it was all about self-control.

This year it is mindfulness.

" a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique."




Mmmm... the last part sounds a bit airy-fairy to me. But I like the first part.

It has been on my mind for a while. This "living in the moment"-thing. When I started Miss Milly I realised that I was permanently on my phone checking emails, Facebook notifications, commenting and replying on everything and anything... up to the point where I realised that I was everywhere but there. And by "there" I mean (in that specific moment).

I tried to be present with whomever I was with, but found that I kept on wanting to check my phone... Then slowly I started noticing people who was doing exactly just that. And it got on my nerves. And then it really hit home... I had to make a drastic change.

But it was only until 2015, when I started my long list of new year's resolutions... that I decided to cut it all short into one thing. 

Mindfulness.

Because everything. And I mean everything comes together if you are just in the moment. Right there where you are suppose to be.

So for 2015 I am going to be aware of my feelings and thoughts. I am going to give God, the world, people, places, relationships and moments; my EVERYTHING. Right there and then where they deserve it. Before it becomes just a memory. 

Kristina, founder of kikki.K, wrote this incredible post on living mindfully. And it sums it up so well.

Here's to 2015. The year of mindfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment