Monday, 23 June 2014

new blog series: for the love of { color }

Henry Ford ( the founder of the Ford Motor Company) was famous for his quote: "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black." This has often been paraphrased of which the "You can have any color as long as it's black.", is my favorite.

I just love this quote. But in my world, I would change it to { white }. To me white means pureness. Wholeness. It is the color of perfection. Of new beginnings. The blank canvas, waiting to be written upon...

White might be my favorite. Of all times. But there are other colors that slip in and sometimes out of my life for moments. And in those moments I will buy a picture frame, a pen, a scarf; purely for the sake of a color that momentarily stole my heart. It's a form of non-verbal communication and it's meaning can change from one day to the next.

So this made me feel like doing a series of blog posts about color: for the love of { color }. I will reveal one favorite color per month; in all it's shades and hues and tones, and I will combine it with treasured trinkets, things I love and cherish and find pretty. 

And maybe, just maybe, it will inspire you. Transport you back to a happy place, a childhood memory, a fond moment.

Here's a sneak peak of what's to come:


No comments:

Post a Comment